Eugene OR 97401
(541) xxx-xxxx email@example.com
Twenty five years of experience with computation and network technology in corporate and academic settings.
Skilled in facilitating communication between stakeholders with differing levels of technical experience.
Ability to provide targeted leadership while maintaining broad overview of larger system goals.
Proficient in hard core automated Linux, Windows, and Network administration.
Experienced Web Application Developer with success in creation, advancement, and maintenance of front end and back end systems.
Skilled at Team Guidance: Project Management & Engineering, Employee Scheduling, Training, Mediation, Hiring, Strategy, Purchasing.
Strong belief in documentation, including: Disaster recovery, Business processes, Technical layout, Best Practices, and End user Documentation.
Highlighted Projects Include:
- Planned and built Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system for large scale aquaculture including electronics, monitoring server, Control daemon software, SMS paging and web-based status/control.
- Converted legacy OSX server infrastructure to Linux VMs under proxmox with saltstack configuration management under git version control.
- Designed and built working arduino and 3d printed prototype fish feeding dispenser for use in the lab.
- Planned and Implemented successful Windows 7 and 10 upgrade/rollout processes.
- Met with Undergraduate Advising Office staff to determine their needs, then created a Web-based Advising system to assist faculty advisors.
- Created HTML/CSS template for UMN School of Physics & Astronomy website.
- Created a Web based system to tie together all aspects of the OSU Resnet including sign-up, trouble tickets, staff scheduling, reporting and abuse response.
- Promoted and implemented successful efforts to adopt the git version control system at both the University of Minnesota and the University of Oregon.
- Managed successful online community with thousands of active users and volunteers.
- Rolled up internal software improvements for the DokuWiki content management system, and got them accepted upstream.
7/2013-present University of Oregon Zebrafish International Resource Center
- Manage hypervisors, virtual servers, printers, cameras and SCADA devices
- Implement bug fixes and new features in legacy PHP/PostgreSQL applications
- Design, build, and maintain Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system
- Create custom 3d printed tools and objects for niche uses in the lab
- Create documentation for legacy SQL schemas and PHP applications
- Create a disaster recovery plan and implement redundancies and backups.
9/2006-7/2013 University of Minnesota School of Physics & Astronomy
- Manage servers, compute clusters and workstations used by faculty, staff, and students.
- Design, implement, and maintain information systems including databases, web applications and early problem detection systems.
- Provide second level phone, email, and in-person end user support.
- Train student employees, manage schedules, and assist with hiring activities.
- Design, implement, and contribute to disaster recovery and technical documentation effort.
9/1999-9/2006 Oregon State University Housing and Dining Services
- Design and build database driven applications and websites.
- Lead student developers.
- Troubleshoot network infrastructure and customer computer connection trouble.
- Police viruses, trojans, and cracking attempts.
6/1999-9/1999& Intel Corporation (Internships)
- Install & configure LanDesk Server Manager.
- Design & implement automated OS install system for test PCs
- Document and teach group how to use system
- Assemble and configure a model ISP for real-world testing of network appliances.
6/1994 – 9/1997 Intel Corporation (Contractor, then Employee)
- Build & maintain client base – software & hardware
- NT server administrator
- web page design
- perform validation tests
- track lab hardware/software
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and repair Intel employee work stations.
Bachelor of Science, Oregon State University, Major: Business, Management Information Systems. Minor: Computer Science.
High School Diploma, Grant High School, June 1994.
2007-2013 Photographer specialising in laboratory environmental portraiture.
1996-present AfterNET Internet Relay Chat Network Administrator & Software Developer.
2001-2002 Corvallis Business League Bowling Team.
1992-1997 Intel High-Tech Explorer Post 915 member, President 9/94 - 6/95, Advisor: 6/95 – 9/97.
1993-1994 Page Editor, Grant High school newspaper, front page.